Smog, the Rome Capital Council has approved a resolution regarding the LTZ’ Green Zone (look at the navigable map, entering your address with the lens in the top right corner, you can find out if you are inside or outside the Green Zone), with the new permanent, planned and emergency limitation measures for the prevention and containment of air pollution.
As of November 15, 2022, permanent prohibition of access, circulation and parking within the new LTZ Green Zone, Monday through to Saturday (h24), excluding Sundays and midweek holidays, for the following vehicle types:
- gasoline- and diesel-fueled motor vehicles Pre-Euro 1, Euro 1 and Euro 2;
- motor vehicles powered by diesel fuel Euro 3;
- mopeds and motorcycles powered by gasoline Pre-Euro 1 and Euro 1 and diesel Pre-Euro 1, Euro 1 and Euro 2.
From November 1, 2024, in addition to the categories mentioned in the previous point, the stop will also affect Euro 3 gasoline-powered motor vehicles.
Scheduled measures planned:
Prohibition of access, circulation and parking within the LTZ Green Zone, from November 1 to March 31 each year, from Monday to Saturday, excluding Sundays and midweek holidays for the following types of vehicles (without prejudice to the permanent bans already in place and mentioned above):
As of November 1, 2023 for:
- Euro 4 diesel-fueled passenger cars in the 7:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. time slot;
- Euro 4 diesel-fueled commercial vehicles N1, N2, N3 in the time slot 7.30-10.30/16.30-20.30;
- Diesel-fueled mopeds and motorcycles, Euro 3.
As of November 1, 2024 for:
- diesel-fueled passenger cars Euro 5 in the 7.30-20.30 time slot;
- diesel-fueled commercial vehicles N1, N2, N3 Euro 5 in the time slot 7.30-10.30/16.30-20.30.