The city of Rome celebrates the 60th anniversary of the European Championship and opens the 16th edition of the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament by hosting the opening match of the European Championship and three other matches that will take place at the Stadio Olimpico on the following days:
Friday 11 June - Group A: Turkey - Italy at 21:00 (opening match)
Wednesday, June 16 - Group A: Italy - Switzerland at 9 pm
Sunday, June 20 - Group A: Italy - Wales at 6 pm
Saturday, July 3 - Quarter Finals at 9 pm
To support the event, Roma Capitale and UEFA have provided a security plan around the Olympic Stadium and, with the collaboration of Roma Servizi per la Mobilità, a mobility plan has been designed for the fans who will travel to the Stadium and for the citizens and tourists who will move around the city during the four match days.
SHUTTLE SERVICE AND PEDESTRIAN ROUTES TO REACH THE OLYMPIC STADIUM
A free shuttle service is available for ticket holders to get to and from the Olympic Stadium from 4 hours before and up to 3 hours after the matches.
There are 3 pick-up points for the shuttles: Cipro Metro A station, Termini Metro A and B station and Tor di Quinto car park.
Cipro shuttle bus (journey time 25 minutes)
- In the direction of the stadium: shuttle bus access to the Cipro metro A station car park.
- Exit from the Stadium: shuttle bus access on Lungotevere della Vittoria in front of the Museo dell'Arma del Genio.
Termini shuttle bus (journey time 35 minutes)
- In the direction of the stadium: access to the shuttle bus at the bus terminal in front of Termini station (Piazza dei Cinquecento).
- Exit from the Stadium: shuttle bus access to the bus terminal in Piazza Mancini (last stall on the car park side).
P&R Tor di Quinto shuttle bus (journey time 15 minutes)
- In the direction of the stadium: shuttle bus access in largo dell'Arma di Cavalleria
- Exit from the stadium: shuttle bus access in via dei Robilant.
The shuttles are complemented by pedestrian and cycle routes, car parks and taxi ranks and the metro service.
Route along the Tiber from the Football Village in Piazza del Popolo (40 minutes)
piazza del Popolo - piazzale Flaminio - via Flaminia - via Azuni - lungotevere delle Navi lungotevere Flaminio
Angelico route from the Vatican City area (20 minutes)
from the metro station A Ottaviano-San Pietro along Viale Angelico, continuing on the pedestrian cycle path to the Olympic stadium.
Parking near the stadium
Outside the traffic perimeter it will be possible to use the following parking areas for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
Parking area / No. of parking spaces
- Tor di Quinto - Largo dell’Arma di Cavalleria - park and ride area for stadium shuttle - 300 spaces
- piazzale Clodio (right side of via Falcone e Borsellino) - 110 spaces
- piazzale Clodio (left side of via Falcone e Borsellino) - 170 spaces
- via XVII Olimpiade - 20 spaces
- via Belgio - 100 spaces
- via Svezia - 100 spaces
- piazza Casino - motorbike parking
- Ponte della Musica (river level, right bank) bicycle parking
Taxi ranks near the stadium:
There are 4 taxi ranks near the stadium
- piazza Maresciallo Giardino
- piazza Mancini
- lungotevere Maresciallo Diaz
- viale Paolo Boselli
Extension of metro service hours
The evening Metro timetable will be extended to allow spectators to leave the stadium at the end of the 4 matches by public transport.
- Friday 11 June, last departure at 1.30 a.m.
- Wednesday 16 June, last departure at 1.30 a.m.
- Sunday, 20 June, last departure 23.30 at night
- Saturday 3 July, last departure at 2.30 am
Connection with Fiumicino Airport
- Before the match (from the first flights in and up to 3 hours before the kick-off) - a fleet of 10 buses on the Airport - Eur Fermi route ;
- After the match - a fleet of 10 buses to connect directly to the airport (departure from ATAC terminus Piazza Maresciallo Giardino)
Access to the Stadium for people with reduced mobility
People with disabilities can request a reserved parking space in one of the car parks provided by the organisers near the stadium (inside the traffic perimeter - car park C3 with entrance on the Via Nigra side).
For those who do not request a reserved parking space, but whose numbers will most likely be small, it is the intention of the city to offer them a reserved transport service on call.
The services will be provided on match day and the day before by a fleet of five buses for the transport of the people with disabilities. On the day of the match, those who request it, will be able to transfer from Fiumicino airport to the stadium or to another destination specified by the user. On the previous day, an on-call transfer can also be arranged from the airport to Termini Station or to the user's hotel accommodation.
Reservations can be arranged directly via ARRIVA ITALIA srl.
To book a transfer please contact phone n. +39 349 3635460 or e-mail stefano.deluca@arriva.
Reservations must be received 36 hours before the transfer is requested.
To spectators and fans
For information on UEFA 2020 events download the official app
THE TRAFFIC PERIMETER AROUND THE OLYMPIC STADIUM
The security perimeter around the Olympic Stadium provides for the closure to traffic on the boundaries in these surrounding areas:
- To the north: Lungotevere Maresciallo Diaz at the height of Via Antonino S. Giuliano closed to traffic (only the carriageway in the direction of Via del Foro Italico will be open)
- To the east: Ponte Duca D'Aosta closed to traffic
- To the south: Lungotevere Della Vittoria and Piazzale Maresciallo Giardino closed to traffic (closure to Circonvallazione Clodia at the corner of via Durazzo)
The perimeter will be active from 5 hours before the start of the match until 2 hours after the end of the match. Public transport will be able to continue to travel within the perimeter (not stopping passengers) until three hours before the start of the match. From then on, the detours arranged with ATAC and described below will be implemented.
The closures described above do not allow the usual connection between Circonvallazione Clodia and Tangenziale Est and the use of Lungotevere Maresciallo Cadorna and Lungotevere Maresciallo Diaz, in both directions.
The alternate itineraries provide for the use of Tangenziale Est rather than viale dello Stadio Olimpico, via Trionfale, via della Pineta Sacchetti or alternatively the use of the road
system of corso di Francia rather than Viale dei Campi Sportivi beyond via del Foro Italico.
MAIN ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
FROM VIALE TOR DI QUINTO
- Piazzale Clodio direction: take the East ring road towards Pineta Sacchetti, exit towards "piazzale degli Eroi - Stadio Olimpico" and take Viale dello Stadio Olimpico to reach
- Viale delle Belle Arti direction: drive along Corso di Francia towards the city centre until Viale Maresciallo Pilsudski, then turn left into Via Flaminia and left again into Viale delle Belle Arti;
IN THE DIRECTION OF VIALE TOR DI QUINTO
- From Piazzale Clodio take viale Falcone e Borsellino, continue on via Trionfale and via della Camilluccia until you reach the ring road towards Salaria, exit at Tor di Quinto;
- From Piazzale Clodio take Viale Mazzini, Piazza Mazzini, Via Settembrini until you reach Lungotevere Michelangelo and from here cross Ponte Nenni (or alternatively Ponte Regina Margherita), reverse and continue on Lungotevere Arnaldo da Brescia in the northern direction until Piazza delle Belle Arti and Viale Tiziano. From here, turn right onto Viale Maresciallo Pilsudski, continue on Via dei Campi Sportivi, then take Via del Foro Italico in the direction of Corso Francia and exit onto Viale di Tor di Quinto.
- From Viale delle Belle Arti, take Viale Tiziano, then turn right onto Viale Maresciallo Pilsudski, continue on Via dei Campi Sportivi, then take Via del Foro Italico towards Corso Francia and exit at Viale di Tor di Quinto.
- From Via Leone XIII, it is suggested that routes Gregorio VII, Circonvallazione Clodia and Via della Pineta Sacchetti Tangenziale be used until the Tor di Quinto exit or alternatively Gregorio VII-Lungotevere di riva sinistra del Tevere until Piazza delle Belle Arti and Viale Tiziano. From here, turn right onto Viale Maresciallo Pilsudski, continue on Via dei Campi Sportivi, then take Via del Foro Italico towards Corso Francia to the Viale di Tor di Quinto exit.
DIVERSION OF BUS ROUTES AROUND THE STADIUM
As a result of the road closures around the perimeter of the Olympic Stadium area, some surface public transport routes will be diverted on the four match days.
The diversions will be in place from three hours before the start of the matches to two hours afterwards. From 5 hours before to 3 hours after the match, the following lines are able to continue to travel within the perimeter closed to vehicles, but will not be able to stop to pick up or drop off passengers.
- 168: Restricted to P.zza Mancini (leaving the Farnesina area)
- 200: Diversion to Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - Lung.re Thaon di Revel (abandoning Tor di Quinto - Lung.re M.llo Diaz)
- 226: Detour onto Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - Lung.re Thaon di Revel (Tor di Quinto abandonment - Lung.re M.llo Diaz)
- 280: Detour onto V.le Mazzini - Lung.re Flaminio (abandonment of P.zza Bainsizza - Lung.re M.llo Cadorna)
- 301: Detour on V.le Mazzini - Lung.re Flaminio - Lung.re Thaon di Revel - Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto (abandon P.zza Bainsizza - Lung.re M.llo Cadorna - Lung.re M.llo Diaz)
- 32: Detour on V.le Mazzini - Lung.re Flaminio - Lung.re Thaon di Revel - Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - (abandon V.le Angelico - Lung.re M.llo Cadorna - Farnesina area - Lung.re M.llo Diaz)
- 446: Detour to Tor di Quinto - Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - Lung.re Thaon di Revel (abandonment Lung.re M.llo Diaz)
- 628: Restriction to Clodio (abandonment of V.le Angelico - Lung.re M.llo Cadorna - Farnesina area)
- 69: Detour on V.le Mazzini - Lung.re Flaminio - Lung.re Thaon di Revel - Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - Lung.re dell'Acqua Acetosa - Via dei Campi Sportivi (abandon V.le Angelico - Lung.re M.llo Cadorna - Lung.re M.llo Diaz - Tor di Quinto)
- 911: Detour to Tor di Quinto - Lung.re Salvo D'Acquisto - Lung.re Thaon di Revel (abandonment - Lung.re M.llo Diaz)