Cars used for the taxi service of the Municipality of Rome are white and have the inscription TAXI on the roof. The symbol of the Municipality of Rome is attached to the front doors and the license number, which is located inside the car is on the left rear door. Before you leave, make sure that the meter is turned on (it is normally positioned above the instrument dashboard or at the top of the front window). If it is not on, ask the taxi driver to activate it. Always ask for the receipt to be released.
TO AND FROM LEONARDO DA VINCI AIRPORT
Taxis to reach Rome are located at the exit of the terminals (domestic and international arrivals). The travel time from Fiumicino to Rome (within the Mura Aureliane) is about 40/50 minutes, with a flat rate (per car) of 48 euros including surcharges. Flat rates, all inclusive of all supplements, to other destinations are:
- Castello della Magliana - Parco dei Medici: € 30,00
- Nuova Fiera di Roma: € 25,00
- Ciampino Airport: € 50,00
- Tiburtina Station: € 55,00
- Ostiense Station: € 45,00
- Civitavecchia Harbour: € 120,00
Trips departing within the GRA and going to Fiumicino Airport, and vice versa, cannot have a rate exceeding the amount of 70.00 euros.
TO AND FROM CIAMPINO G.B.PASTINE AIRPORT
Taxis into Rome stop in the forecourt in front of the airport itself. From Ciampino to Rome (within the Mura Aureliane) the travel time is about 30 minutes, with a flat rate of 30.00 euros per car including surcharges. Flat rates, all inclusive of all supplements, to other destinations are:
- Tiburtina Station: € 35,00
- Ostiense Station: € 30,00
- Fiumicino Airport: € 50,00
Flat rates, within the planned zones, only apply if it is a direct route to the given address, without diversions and/or other pick ups. For connections to other locations in the city is applied a metered rate from the departure point and varies depending on the distance travelled.
The maximum taxi service fare is a single progressive tax rate, valid throughout the municipality, depending on the mileage (distance) and time taken to complete the individual service. Predetermined rates are also set for connections to and from airports. Taxi licence holders are obliged to issue receipts. Progressive rate (single increment: 0,10 €)
Deliberations of the Giunta Capitolina No. 151 OF 23.05.2012
- Fixed departure fee on weekdays (from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.) € 3,00
- Fixed departure fee on public holidays (from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.) € 4,50
- Fixed departure fee at night time (from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.) € 6,50
- Timed fee applicable for speeds of less than 20 km/h; ; 27,00 €/h
PROGRESSIVE TASSAMETRIC FLAT FEE
- T1: speed faster than 20 km/h 1.10 euros/km (up to € 11,00)
- T2: speed faster than 20 km/h 1,30 euros/km (up to € 13,00)
- T3: speed faster than 20 km/h 1,60 euros/km (above € 13,00)
The first tax progression (T1-T2) is determined when the initial fixed value indicated by the tax-meter is combined with an additional 11.00 euros. Frrom this point on, the second rate progression (T2) starts up to the amount of 13.00; after which the third fare progression (T3) starts until the end of the service.
A 10% discount is set on the amount indicated by the tax-meter in the following cases:
- Trips to Roman public hospitals
- for lone women who use the service at night (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
- for young people leaving the clubs on Fridays and Saturdays after a suitable agreement with public clubs’ managers
- The first bag is free; for each subsequent bag that is larger than 35x25x50 cm in size: € 1.00 is required
- from the fifth passenger onwards and for cars with a capacity of more than 4 passengers: € 1,00
- The fixed call right from a radiotaxi is € 3.50
Trips originating within the GRA travelling to Fiumicino Airport, and vice versa, cannot exceed the amount of € 70. The amount of the service will be indicated by the meter at the end of the ride. In addition to this amount, some surcharges are added where applicable: excess baggage, fixed radiotaxi call entitlement, any passengers travelling from the fifth onwards. These surcharges fees will then be added to the amount of the ride and the final amount will appear the meter.