Who can enter, circulate and stay?
Enter an address on the map to find out whether it is in the Green Zone or not.
From Monday to Saturday (h24), excluding midweek holidays, CANNOT enter, circulate and park in the Green Zone (Resolution 371/2022 and by Ordinance No. 191/2022):
MOTOR VEHICLES (INCLUDING RESIDENTS' VEHICLES)
- gasoline and diesel Pre-Euro 1, Euro 1 and Euro 2
- Euro 3 diesel
From November 1, 2024:
- motor vehicles powered by gasoline Euro 3
- MOPEDS AND MOTORCYCLES (INCLUDING RESIDENTS' VEHICLES)
- gasoline and diesel Pre-Euro 1 and Euro 1
Until February 28, 2023 exemption from the stoppage for Euro 2 diesel mopeds and motorcycles.
SCHEDULED MEASURES (VALID FROM NOVEMBER 1 TO MARCH 31 EACH YEAR)
From November 1, 2023 for:
- Euro 4 diesel-powered passenger cars in the 7.30-20.30 time slot
- commercial vehicles N1, N2, N3 powered by diesel Euro 4 in the time slot 7.30-10.30/16.30-20.30
- Diesel-powered Euro 3 mopeds and motorcycles.
From November 1, 2024 for:
- Euro 5 diesel-powered passenger cars - in the 7.30 am- 8.30 pm time slot
- commercial vehicles N1, N2, N3 powered by diesel Euro 5 - in the time slot 7.30-10.30/16.30-20.30
- vehicles equipped with the persons with disabilities sticker
- vehicles used for police and security service, emergency including social emergency, including roadside assistance;
- vehicles used for scheduled public transport
- vehicles used for the management of urban waste carried out on behalf of and/or directly by Roma Capitale, environmental sanitation, emergency management of green areas, Civil Defense and urgent restoration of urban decorum as well as emergency maintenance carried out on behalf of or directly by Roma Capitale
- vehicles with C.D., S.C.V. and C.V.’s license plates
- vintage vehicles referred to in Article 60 of Legislative Decree No. 285/1992 and ss.mm.ii. only on the occasion of events authorized by the competent bodies.
Exceedance of pollution limits
In case of exceedance of the limit value for air pollutants (e.g. PM10, nitrogen dioxide and ozone detected by ARPA Lazio) necessary information will be given to citizens on the main official channels of communication, aimed at raising awareness and inviting the citizenship to maintain any behavior useful to reduce personal exposure, to contribute to the decrease of pollutant emissions; actions aimed at decongestion of vehicular traffic on the following road axes will also be planned:
• Tangential route to the City Center (Lungotevere, Corso d'Italia, Viale Castro Pretorio, Viale Manzoni, Via Labicana, Via di San Gregorio and Circus Maximus)
• Via Acqua Bullicante
• Via di Portonaccio
• Via Prenestina; Corso di Francia
• Via Quirino Maiorana
• Viale Guglielmo Marconi
• Via Oderisi da Gubbio
• Viale Trastevere
• Via Magna Grecia
• Via Cerveteri
• Via Appia
• Viale Etiopia
• Viale Libia
• Viale Somalia
• Corso Trieste
• Via Cipro
• Circonvallazione Trionfale
• Viale delle Medaglie d'oro
• Viale Trionfale
• Viale Palmiro Togliatti
• Via Tuscolana
• P.zza Cinecittà
• Via dei Monti Tiburtini
• Via di Portonaccio
• Via Tiburtina
The adoption of temporary emergency measures, aimed at the prevention and containment of air pollution, will be carried out on MONDAY and THURSDAY, except in the case of public holidays.
ORANGE LEVEL: activated after 4 consecutive days of exceeding the values of the reference station based on the verification carried out on MONDAY and THURSDAY (control days). Temporary measures come into effect from the 5th day of potential exceedance and remain in effect until the exceedance conditions continue, but no later than the next control day.
Limitation of circulation in the LTZ’s Green Zone (in addition to vehicles already affected by the limitation in a permanent and planned manner) for:
- Euro 3 gasoline-powered motor vehicles
- cars powered by diesel Euro 4
- mopeds and motorcycles (3- and 4-wheelers) powered by diesel Euro 2
- Euro 4 diesel-powered motor vehicles used for freight transport (categories N1, N2 and N3);
RED LEVEL: activated after 10 consecutive days of exceeding the values of the reference station, based on the verification carried out on MONDAY and THURSDAY (control days). The temporary measures come into effect from the 11th day of potential exceedance and remain in effect until the exceedance conditions continue, but no later than the next control day.
Limitation of circulation in the LTZ’s Green Zone from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (in addition to vehicles already affected by the restriction on a permanent and/or scheduled basis) for:
- cars powered by diesel Euro 5 and Euro 6
- Euro 5 and Euro 6 diesel-powered motor vehicles used for freight transport (categories N1, N2 and N3)
The transition from one level to the next or to the previous one (including the return to the green level "no alert") may be evaluated on "control days", in addition to the above criteria, also taking into account the actual degree of criticality in place (taking as a reference the data measured by the monitoring stations), of the phenomenological situation (e.g. meteorological evolution, transport of dust of natural origin) and the city context (e.g. transport strike, major events).
As established by national and regional regulations, 5 "Ecological Sundays" have been planned for the winter season 2022-2023 as well, in order to prevent and contain air pollution: of which the last two will be on February 5 and March 26, 2023.
The initiative includes - in the Green Zone - a total ban on private traffic (with some exceptions) from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
ADDITIONAL ANTI-POLLUTION REGULATIONS
• Tourist Bus Plan
• Limited Traffic Zones for goods